karbraesforgottenrealms
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar

+2
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Karbrae
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Empty Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar

Post by Karbrae Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:03 am

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Dragon10

Chapter 7:
Back in Jalanthar

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Compas10
New Area Reached:
The Dragonspur House, Jalanthar

As the adventurers step through the portal of whirling azure magelight, a bright flash blinds them and in the next instant they find themselves floating through a still and silent void without bodies, each feeling a strange, serene sensation for just long enough that they begin wondering exactly where this place is, how they got there and where everyone else is, before they suddenly arrive in a small comfy-looking, candle-lit hall, remembering that they stepped through the menhir stone circle portal in the Moon Pass Gorge. They're standing on a section of the hall's floor where a large, meticulously drawn circle of straight lines and arcane symbols are etched into the floor, glowing with the same blue blue as the portal that took them there... They see a desk covered in a green table cloth, a bronze chandeleir, several ale barrels and linen sacks, most likely containing grain, wheat and flour, some gourds or pumpkins which seem to have fallen out of their basket which must have been moved rather recently, since no one has picked them up yet, a door at each end of the hall and a wooden stairway leading up to the floor above. Two persons are standing in the hall, looking at you. One is Myrdin Doedance and the other is a bulky, bare-chested Uthgardt barbarian covered in tribal tattoos and carrying two massive swords in bandoliers on his back. The Uthgardt's arms, which each look like they could easily pound through a stone wall, are crossed, and he wears a stern and skeptical look on his face, frowning at the troupe of new arrivals in Lady Dragonspur's house of operations in the frontier hamlet of Jalanthar.

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Barbar10

Grymrgand Krymkord: "I am Grymrgand Krymkord. Grymrgand the Great. Grymrgand Ghoulbane. Grymrgand of Beorunna's Well. I serve Tyr, the Black Lion tribe, Lady Dragonspur and the Council of the Marches, in that order, and at my own will in my own time. Welcome to the House of Dragonspur in Jalanthar. As I just informed Myrdin Doedance here, Lady Dragonspur is currently conducting business elsewhere, and I'm left in charge of operations and watching out for her establishment here in Jalanthar for the time being..."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

https://karbraesrealms.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Empty Re: Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:19 am

Kardalis raises his eyebrows at the introduction, and absently brushes at his clothes as if removing dust, after their arcane journey.
"That's one way to make a first impression" he mutters so that only those closest to him can hear "Also, why is it that every strong individual we run into is shirtless"
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:25 am

"Perhaps they're trying to compensate for something," Avis answers.

She then addresses Grymrgand. "I assume Doedance has filled you in on the events that just transpired, and our oh-so-heroic rescue of the orcs' prisoners. I do hope Lady Dragonspur's absence won't affect the matter of our payment for accomplishing this task."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Sun Feb 24, 2019 5:51 am

The magic of the portal is a beautiful aspect and Imarra tries to keep the memory clear in her mind. Where they arrive definitely doesn't look like the humble home of a single person. The size of the building itself, at least in comparison to most Rashemen homes, tells Imarra that the person living there must be able to fulfill the reward Myrdin Doedance promised them.

Curious Imarra asks her allies "What is bad about showing a great body?" before remarking on the tattoos she only knew from the Thay "If only people wouldn't defile them.".
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:21 pm

"I, for one, think he looks perfectly handsome," Nerea murmurs with a slight snicker. She draws herself up to her full height and, like Kardalis, brushes the dust and dirt off her clothes. "I'm so looking forward to a bath."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Grymrgand Krymkord:  "Not yet, no. He's only just arrived like you."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:17 pm

Bran Brighthand and the rest of the freed captives soon arrive through the portal.

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Urgano10
Bran Brighthand: "Haven't tried that before."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:27 pm

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Myrddi10

Myrdin Doedance: "Fort Falknar and the towing station fell to an assault from the forces at Whisperwind Keep and the orcs of the Urgruem Caverns. The adventurers here helped me rid the caverns of orcs and rescue Bran and his men who had been taken captive. I've promised them 1000 moons as a reward."

Last edited by Karbrae on Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:38 pm

Grymrgand Krymkord:  "Grim news, but good that you were able to rescue the captives. The promised reward you shall have."

The party obtains 2000 gp.

Quest completed!
Each character gains 1000 xp!
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:47 pm

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Myrddi10

Myrdin Doedance: "I intend to proceed with my mission despite the fall of Fort Falknar. I will accompany this group of adventurers who are themselves headed there to rescue, or in the worst case, retrieve the body of Jarvin Gaurraven the Kelemvorite ranger."

Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:07 pm

Avis accepts her payment with a signature smirk. "Thank you," she says, slipping the coins into her pouch. She looks to Bran. "I don't suppose you'd like to join us in cleansing the undead scourge as well, Brighthand. Surely the Argent Legion won't fall to pieces without you."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Bran considers Avis's proposal for a long moment, before answering:

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Urgano10
Bran Brighthand: "You shall have my axe. I'm sure it would be in the Argent Legion's best interest to exact vengeance upon the Kreels and their minions. I shall however report to Kilmander first, in his camp southeast of the River Rauvin."

Last edited by Karbrae on Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 pm

"Wonderful," Avis replies. "Clearing the Keep will be child's play, with the lot of us."

"Child's play!" Ikkri squawks.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:22 pm

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Sylkar10

Amra Braegen: "In that case, welcome to the group, Saer Brighthand. I shall check the local merchants for scrolls, wands and other useful items. After that, I'll be at the Crowing Cockatrice. I suggest we all meet up there later for Eveningfeast."
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:03 am

Kardalis nods as the party is confirmed, grateful for a few others to draw the ire of attackers.
"Amra, care if I join you? I'd like to see what some of the folks around here can do with weapon enchantments, see about fancying this thing up a bit."
He gestures to the blade sheathed on his left hip.
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:24 am

With the reward money in their pouches Imarra thanks the large man as well as both the elf and the dwarf "Thank you mister Krymkord. And I thank you both mister Doedance and mister Brighthand for deciding to join us in our task.". She estimates that the sum of gold will let them buy some more equipment for the fights that will be ahead of them.

Looking to Kardalis and Amra, the witch says "I would like to come along to the merchants. If I buy some ink and the other materials I might be able to prepare some scrolls too, if there we find ourselves with time on the way."
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:10 am

Grymrgand Krymkord:  "Don't bother with that. I mean Galvandar might have a bit of gear and trinkets that might interest you, and Ammarthé Sungalard, the Chief Elder, will certainly have scrolls, salves and elixirs for sale, but you have the best adventuring equipment in town at your disposal right here, and at reduced prices at that, since you helped Myrdin, courtesy of the Dragonspur Trading Company. Go speak with Riskin Chaz, our inventory keeper down the hallway through that door, and third door on your left." Grymrgand points at the door in the northern wall of the hall.
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Karbrae Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:11 pm

Chapter 7: Back in Jalanthar Sylkar10

Amra Braegen: "Let us go speak with Saer Chaz immediately then. Imarra, Kardalis, you coming?"
Karbrae
Karbrae
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:33 pm

"I should also like to come," says Avis. "It couldn't hurt to restock on crossbow bolts, and perhaps find something blunt to swing at any piles of bones that shamble in my direction."
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:41 pm

"I'd like to come along as well," Nerea says. "I could always use a few more arrows."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Kardalis straightens and strides after Amra, following her lead.
"The more the merrier"
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by Drome Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:41 am

"Sounds like we have ourselves a golden opportunity. And it seems quite some of the reward money finds its way back quite quickly." Imarra jokes, following along with the others to meet Chaz. Unless something specific strikes her, the wizard is looking to get her hands on roughly 200 gold worth of materials, likely special ink and parchment, to work on magical scrolls herself and maybe some scrolls with offensive oriented spells of first or second level.

Turning to Avisis she informs her that she bought some simple weapons the last time they were in town "I do have some spare clubs and daggers in my backpack, simple ones though, if they are good enough for you.".
Drome
Drome

Back to top Go down

Post by wigglewyrms Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:55 am

"Ah, a simple club would be perfect for me. Not that I intend on letting anything touch me, but it can't hurt to be prepared," Avis replies.
wigglewyrms
wigglewyrms

Back to top Go down

Post by mageconsul Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:07 am

"Yes, best laid plans, and all that," Nerea responds. She looks curiously at Imarra. "I may buy my own, to be honest. I appreciated Rhenwald's gift, but it's a little heavy; I would need a fair bit of practice before I could reliably hit things with it." She laughs self-consciously, her eyes downcast. "Not that all my hours practicing archery seemed to help me much today."
mageconsul
mageconsul

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad Monkey Hu Sen Wed Feb 27, 2019 3:13 am

Kardalis draws back to where Nerea walks, "You and me both, eh? If it weren't for Amra I would have been downed by a single orc...in single combat. Sometimes, for all your fore-thought and your faith, things go awry. You learn more when you fail anyway, doubt in yourself can be a valuable teacher."
Though expressionless, Kardalis carefully picks his words, like an acrobat walking a tight rope.
Mad Monkey Hu Sen
Mad Monkey Hu Sen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next